Nearly two hectares of the Il Ciocco estate and park is used in the cultivation of the Lavandula Angustifolia.
The Campagna Mediterranea, a small, organic family run business, manually farms the lavender inside the estate using their own distinctive approach to timing and methods.
The lavender flower is collected between June and August to produce various products such as:
- Lavender Essential Oil: 100% pure essential oil produced by steam distillation of the freshly cut flowering tops and stalks of the shrub.
- Lavandin Essential Oil: obtained by the same process as true lavender, though less refined.
- Lavender Hydrolat - Lavandula Officinalis: 100% pure aromatic floral water produced by the distillation of lavender flowers.
- Lavender Hydrolat - hybrid of lavender plants (for use in your iron): water obtained by steam distillation of fresh hybrid lavender flowers.
- Scented Sachets with lavender flowers: canvas sachet that holds fragrant lavender flowers perfect to scent your wardrobes, drawers and linen and also acts as a natural insect repellent.